Please note than we have temporarily stopped our activities on the farm.
Here is a recipe for beef bourguignon from Rosie’s mom, always a hit at our tables!
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 1 cup vegetable or beef broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- ½ tsp of paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp of dried or fresh Thyme
- 2 tsp of dried or fresh parsley
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2-3 pounds of cubed beef
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 package of mushrooms, halved
- 2 tbsp of softened butter combined with two tbsp of white flour
- Remove the meat from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking. Pat dry with paper towels and coat with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in butter until browned. Make room for the meat in the center of your saucepan.
- Add the cubes and sear for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Add the broth, wine, tomatoes, tomato paste and spices.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add carrots, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile sauté the mushrooms in a pan with butter and set aside.
- Stir in the flour and butter mixture until thickened. Add the mushrooms.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with mashed potatoes with savory herbs and a slice of fresh crusty bread.