Please note than we have temporarily stopped our activities on the farm.
In order to obtain a flavorful yet tender grass-fed beef, you need to follow some basic rules. Make sure to choose recipes that use the cuts found in your surprise box, cook longer but at a lower temperature and use indirect heat to cook your steaks. Treat your family and friends to a delicious meal!
Ground rules for grass-fed beef cooking?
- Take your beef out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to cooking and one hour for bigger cuts like roasts.
- Dry your meat with a paper towel. This will prevent the meat from steaming, a good sear will release the beef’s flavor.
- Season your meat only with salt and peper, avoid marinades for steaks.
- For most cuts, the key is to sear the meat one to two minutes on each side and to finish the cooking using indirect heat, either in the oven at low temperature or on the side of the grill where the burners are off.
- Never cook your meat if it is still partially frozen. Should you thaw your meat faster, put in under cold water for a few hours.
- Never reduce cooking time by increasing the temperature. Good cooking means good planning, a tasty and juicy roast usually takes around 6 hours of your time of preparation and cooking.
Here are several recipes that we have concocted and adapted especially for grass-fed beef and grass-fed veal. All delicious and of all kinds. Enjoy!
|Flank Steak or Bavette|