Please note than we have temporarily stopped our activities on the farm.
What's better on a cold winter day than osso buco that cooked all afternoon and filled your home with a hearty fragrance. Here is the recipe from Antoine’s mother, exquisite!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 slices of Osso Bucco
- Olive oil or butter
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 can of tomatoes, crushed
- 1½ cups of beef broth
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 tsp. of dried thyme
- 1 tsp. of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tin of anchovies and oil (optional)
- Flour to brown
- Take your Osso bucco slices from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Choose an ovenproof pot, large enough to accommodate all the osso bucco pieces without stacking. Sauté the onion, carrots and celery in oil or butter for a few minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, broth, wine, herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf) and the anchovies.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer while you fry the Osso bucco in a pan.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Pat dry your Osso bucco slices, roll them in flour and shake to remove excess flour.
- In a hot skillet, brown each side to caramelize the meat, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the sliced meat to your sauce.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 5 hours.