Please note than we have temporarily stopped our activities on the farm.
For the more adventurous , we prepared a beef tartare and it was divine. Here's the recipe, again inspired by Ricardo but with Rosie’s own touch!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- Olive oil 45 ml (2 tbsp)
- 30 ml (1 tbsp) of Old Style mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of red wine vinegar
- 15 ml (1 ½ tbsp)of capers, chopped
- 1 tsp of harissa sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g of filet mignon
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- With a knife or crank grinder with a medium-sized grinding plate, grind the beef.
- In a bowl, combine the dressing, ground beef, shallots, egg yolk and parsley. Adjust the seasoning.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to serving. Serve cold with an endive and spinach salad and toasted bread. For a beautiful presentation, use a cookie cutter or a cleaned tin can opened at both ends. Garnish with capers, if desired.