Please note than we have temporarily stopped our activities on the farm.
Here is another way to cook these little steaks. This recipe for sautéed peppers with sliced steaks comes from Antoine’s aunt. You might also enjoy this cut in an asian style sauté with garlic and ginger.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1½ pounds of minute steak
- Oil or butter for searing
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 2 to 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of molasses
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp of cold water
- Remove the steaks from the fridge 30 minutes in advance. Pat dry with paper towels and cut into strips.
- In a hot skillet, sear the beef for 2 to 3 minutes with a little oil or butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, celery and onion. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by mixing the beef broth, the soy sauce and molasses.
- Pour the sauce in your pan and add the peppers.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water, add to your pan while stirring. Check the seasoning and serve with rice.